Students who are interested in applying for Penn State’s OTeam must meet the following requirements:
- be a current full-time undergraduate student who plans to be enrolled at University Park in fall 2018
- obtain at least 24 credits by the end of spring 2018
- maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA
OTeam Selection Process
Recruitment and selection of Penn State’s OTeam takes place each fall semester. Interested students apply and participate in selection in October and November to allow enrollment in our required training course (HIED 303), offered in the spring semester.
- Submit an up-to-date resume to psu.jobs. We will not be accepting applications until October 2017. If you’d like to be notified when the application goes live, please add your name to this list.
- Attend an OTeam Info Session. All applicants must attend an info session in October. During this session, you will learn more about the requirements of the job and meet other Penn State students who are interested in applying. You will be contacted to schedule an interest session after you have submitted your application on the PSU jobs site. However, you can attend an OTeam Info Session before applying. The dates, times, and locations for the Info Sessions are as follows:
- Monday, October 9, 1:25pm-2:15pm, HUB 131
- Wednesday, October 11, 5:00pm-6:00pm, HUB 129C
- Sunday, October 15, 7:00pm-8:00pm, HUB 131
- Tuesday, October 17, 3:05pm-4:00pm, HUB 134
- Tuesday, October 24. 4:00pm-5:00pm, HUB 129C
- Participate in an individual interview. Students who attend an info session, actively participate, and demonstrate the skill and ability to be a successful OTeamer will be invited to participate in an individual interview with our Student Staff Coordinators.
All application materials must be submitted online through psu.jobs. Once the application is live, materials will be accepted until all positions are full, but preference will be given to applicants who have complete materials, attend an interest session, and are available for an interview prior to November 1. Application materials submitted by any other method than psu.jobs will not be accepted or reviewed.
Part of deciding to apply to be a member of the OTeam is knowing what is required of you. We’ll cover this information in our interest sessions, but to help you plan please note that successful applicants will:
- enroll in and successfully complete HIED 303 (offered Tuesday evenings in the spring semester)
- participate in our spring training retreat
- be available for New Student Orientation May 9, 2018-August 19, 2018 (including weekends). There is an NSO-hiatus July 21-August 9, during which there are no work requirements.