Students who are interested in applying for Penn State’s OTeam must meet the following requirements:
- be a current full-time undergraduate student who plans to be enrolled at University Park in fall 2018
- obtain at least 24 credits by the end of spring 2018
- maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA
OTeam Selection Process
Recruitment and selection of Penn State’s Orientation Leaders takes place each fall semester. Interested students apply and participate in selection in October and November to allow enrollment in our required training course (HIED 303), offered in the spring semester.
- Submit an up-to-date resume to psu.jobs.
- Attend an OTeam Info Session.
- Participate in an individual interview.
In the spring, we recruit Penn State’s Welcome Crew. You can learn more about the Welcome Crew, including how to apply, by clicking here.
All application materials must be submitted online through psu.jobs. Once the application is live, materials will be accepted until all positions are full, but preference will be given to applicants who have complete materials and are available for an interview prior to February 19. Application materials submitted by any other method than psu.jobs will not be accepted or reviewed.
Part of deciding to apply to be a member of the OTeam is knowing what is required of you. We’ll cover this information in person, but to help you plan please note that successful applicants will:
- enroll in and successfully complete HIED 303 (offered Tuesday evenings in the spring semester)
- participate in our spring training retreat
- be available for New Student Orientation May 9, 2018-August 19, 2018 (including weekends). There is an NSO-hiatus July 21-August 9, during which there are no work requirements.
- attend weekly trainings and meetings to prepare for NSO and Fall Welcome Week (2 hours/week starting after spring break, up until the first NSO program)
- be available for New Student Orientation May 9, 2018-August 25, 2018 (including weekends). There is an NSO-hiatus July 21-August 9, during which there is no NSO requirements. However, crew members will work up to 5 hours a week to prepare for Welcome Week.