Welcome Crew members assisting with NSO Check-In and Welcome Week planning will average 15 hours/week in May, June, July, and August and must be available from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday for NSO Check-In. The balance of the weekly schedule for those Crew members assisting with Welcome Week planning will be created based on individual availability.
Welcome Crew members are paid at an hourly rate of $9.00/hour. New Student Orientation attire is also provided (work polo).
Important dates for the Welcome Crew:
- Summer 2020
- May 13-19 (Training): Schedule TBD
- New Student Orientation Check-In takes place on the following days from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. All Crew members must be available. No vacation time will be permitted from Friday, May 15- Wednesday, July 22.
- May 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 31
- June 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 30
- July 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20
- June 12, and July 17: Check-In on these dates takes place at a different time. Crew members are required to work. Times TBD.
- The remainder of the 15 hours per week will be scheduled based on a conversation with the supervisor to accomplish Welcome Week assignments.
- Thursday, July 23- Sunday, August 16: There is no NSO Check-In during these dates. The entirety of the 15 hours will be made based on a mutually agreed upon schedule with your supervisor. Due to staffing needs for Welcome Week Programming during this period, Welcome Crew members with Welcome Week responsibilities may work with their supervisor to take up to one (1) week of vacation time.
- Monday, August 17-Friday, September 4: Up to fifteen (15) hours per week for NSO Check-In and Welcome Week Implementation. Schedule TBD.
- On August 17, 18, 19, 21, 23: check-in will take place at various times. Crew members are required to work.
- The remainder of the schedule (through September 4) will be dedicated to Welcome Week work.