Successful candidates for this role must be available to participate in a weekly training session in the second half of the spring 2019 semester. Training will take place weekly beginning the week of March 18. Day of the week and time will be based on the schedules of the successful candidates. Questions or concerns about the training requirement should be directed to email@example.com.
Welcome Crew members assisting with Welcome Week planning will average 15 hours/week in May, June, July, and August and must be available from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Sunday-Thursday for NSO Check-In. The balance of the weekly schedule for those Crew members assisting with Welcome Week planning will be created based on individual availability.
Welcome Crew members are paid at an hourly rate of $8.50/hour. In the spring semester, Welcome Crew members assisting with Welcome Week will also be paid for a weekly 2-hour training session during the second half of the spring semester.
Important dates for the Welcome Crew:
- Spring 2019
- Training: Times and Dates TBD
- Summer 2019
- May 16-20 (Training): Schedule TBD
- New Student Orientation Check-In takes place on the following days from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. All Crew members must be available.
- May 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
- June 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 30
- July 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- May 28, June 7, and June 21: Check-In on these dates takes place at a different time. Crew members are required to work. Times TBD.
- The remainder of the 15 hours per week will be scheduled based on a conversation with the supervisor to accomplish Welcome Week assignments.
- Monday, July 22- Wednesday August 14: There is no NSO Check-In during these dates. The entirety of the 15 hours will be made based on a mutually agreed upon schedule with your supervisor.
- Thursday, August 15-Sunday, September 8: Up to fifteen (15) hours per week for NSO Check-In and Welcome Week Implementation. Schedule TBD.
- On August 15,16, and 19-23: check-in will take place at various times. Crew members are required to work.
- The remainder of the schedule (through September 8) will be dedicated to Welcome Week work.